Wednesday 28 October 2015

Radio silence for the past few days!

I have been torturing myself writing a pattern for a pair of really adorable mittens.  It's taken me so much longer than I expected because I first started off knitting fingerless mittens, then decided I wanted to knit full mittens.  I just altered my pattern slightly to make it longer and have a rounded top but then I didn't like how it was with just plain knitting, so I redid it again with moss stitch.  It looks great with the moss stitch but then the positioning of the owl wasn't centered anymore so I had to perfectly align it!  Finally, I finished the pattern for the right hand, reversed it for the left hand.  All I have to do now is knit two matching mittens and I'll be able to post the pattern online!  Hopefully I'll have that done midway through tomorrow because at the moment all I have are 3 mismatching mittens, which to be fair, I wouldn't actually mind wearing together.

My next project is for Christmas Presents!  It's a really cute tea cosy I found on Pinterest.  It's shaped like a beehive and is a perfect way to brighten up a dull old teapot.  I'll update you on how it goes once I finally finish my mittens and buy some more wool!

I'm always uploading new patterns onto my ravelry!  Head on over and see!



No comments:

Post a Comment