Thursday 22 October 2015

Knitting a really simple reversible hat!

I was always knitting my hats from the same pattern, so when my friends and family wanted me to knit them a hat they were always getting the same and I wanted to spice things up.  For this pattern I use 10mm needles and chunky wool but sometimes, if i want different strands throughout I use three different strands of DK wool.  I knit this on straight needles, although you can use a circular needle if you don't want to knit a seam, I just cannot work with circular needles at all!  It's also a great way to use up left over wool!
I don't knit this based on a specific amount of rows because the wool can often end up knitting differently and I rarely swatch before I begin!  Feel free to comment if you need any advice but it really is pretty simple!

Time: Short
Effort: Easy
Size: One size, but you can add/remove stitches to suit.  It's pretty flexible.

What you need:

10mm needles (US size 15)
Two different coloured balls of chunky wool - 50g for rib, 100g for main body.
Scissors
Knitter's sewing needle

Terminology:
K- Knit
P - Purl
s2togkpo - slip the next two stitches one at a time onto the needle, knit the next stitch, pass the slipped stitches together over the last stitch.  This forms a leaning double decrease.
K2tog - Knit next two stitches together.


This pattern is now available on Ravelry!  
or click on this button to buy instantly 












No comments:

Post a Comment