Tuesday 19 April 2016

I got my first pair of Double Pointed Needles a few days ago.

They literally are the most torturous instruments to try to learn how to use.  My main problem is that my stitches keep falling off the opposite end because I either don't have them tight enough or they're too close to the end.  Today I went to a really frustrating patch where I would fix the purl stitches that had fallen off one side (I am TERRIBLE at picking up purls for some reason) and then look back and two more had fallen off another needle.  This repeated itself maybe 5 or 6 times and I decided it was time to put my knitting down for the day.  
I first practised making mittens in the round, i got just past the thumb hole and cast off because I was getting so annoyed.  At least this is a good way to use up some of my stash though!  


I've started the 'Baa-ble Hat' again now on my DPNS.  Everyone wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment